At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
We are looking for a proactive and passionate Support Worker to join our friendly and welcoming team in Clevedon on a permanent, full-time basis.
If you consider yourself reliable, enthusiastic and forward thinking, we would love you to consider joining us as a Support Worker for people with a learning disability!
You will be supporting ten individuals within a Supported Living service along with a married couple within the community to do just the same things you and others do. This might be anything from assisting with cooking healthy meals and household duties to going out for meals, shopping, visiting family, listening to music, watching TV and a whole lot more!
As a Support Worker for Mencap you need to be able to meet the needs of those that we support as well as be flexible and resourceful in order to keep up with them! You will help them to lead the life they choose and very much deserve.
You must be able to demonstrate a real commitment to Mencap and the work we do alongside the wonderful people we support. We are looking for someone with a 'can-do' attitude who is strongly motivated, outgoing, caring and has a calm demeanour when needed.
To find out more about the individuals that we support within this service and to help you answer the application questions, please click on the pink 'Additional Information' button below to view our service-specific One Page Profile.
If successful, you will receive bespoke training for this service, covering a number of specific skills. We aim to provide consistent, positive support to any individual and a patient; resilient approach will go a long way! This role has a unique set of challenges.
Supporting someone with his or her daily life is not a 9-5 job. You will need to be able to work flexibly across a range of different shift patterns, including various day shifts, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins. Please note, payment for our sleep-ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements.
We realise that your quality time is important too, so your rota will be prepared well in advance - Got a request, something special going on? Your Manager will certainly try to help you meet it.
Our award winning Learning and Development department delivers a superb induction programme to all new staff. As long as you have a positive attitude and have a passion to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with our training and progression opportunities throughout your exciting career with us!
By joining us, you will have the opportunity to make new friends and become inspired to be the very best that you can be which will guide and help you to develop within your chosen career path. So, why not express how great you would be for this position by clicking on the pink 'Apply' button below? You certainly won't regret it!
We include the people that you will be supporting in our selection process so that you will have a chance to meet them and introduce yourself during or after your interview.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate, which is paid for by Mencap.
Job reference: 12307
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
- Support Worker
- Learning Disability