Job title: Full-Time Supervisor
Company Name: Endura Roses
Location: Lakeside Shopping Centre
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Who We Are…
Endura is an exclusive specialist rose retailer, based in the UK but selling across the globe. Our selection of preserved roses is the largest of its kind in the world and once preserved, the roses are kept at the peak of their natural beauty for years and years without water, sunlight or any other kind of care necessary.
Due to our ongoing growth strategy, Endura Roses has a requirement for a Full-Time Supervisor based in our Lakeside Store.
The Role ...
As the Store Supervisor, your focus will be customer service and ensuring the smooth running of the store.
This is a hands-on role.
You must be able to work on your own with minimum supervision and to take responsibility for decision making.
The Person ...
You will possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to be self-motivated. We need an individual with enthusiasm, confidence, energy, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic, with the ability to go the extra mile when required.
You must be a confident individual with the ability to build excellent relationships with our customers by establishing a natural and genuine rapport.
Selling is an important aspect of this role, and to succeed you must be prepared to be accountable for your results and have a keen desire to develop to do this.
As Supervisor, you will coach the team to achieve exceptional customer service standards and oversee the operations and commercial practices of the store.
Customer Service and Sales
- Delivering an extraordinary customer experience meeting sales and profit targets
- Creating an extraordinary selling experience for customers
- Consistently meeting customer needs and expectations and initiating improvements whenever possible
- To role model service behaviours and standards and ensure team members meet these standards by addressing any gaps.
- To set realistic yet stretching sales targets for store and team.
- To review business, set improvement targets and deal with any issues
- To motivate the team to exceed sales targets, by developing skills in product knowledge, link selling and after sales service
- To support the rollout of company-wide service initiatives
- Managing staff through Performance Management and other available tools and processes
- Lead by example, whilst promoting and setting standards which meet Endura Roses’ values
- Assist in the recruitment of high calibre staff
- Manage the performance of all new starters, ensuring they are fully supported to deliver
- Develop a strong team dynamic and build morale
- To ensure the performance of the team exceed expectations through setting and communicating standards and giving regular feedback and support
- Seek to continuously raise the benchmark and improve standards through ongoing development, coaching and performance management of the team
- Assist in managing timekeeping procedures and staff scheduling
- Actively liaise, communicate and develop good relations with Senior Management
- Ensuring the full trading window is efficiently managed
- Delivering high visual standards
- Ensuring the sales floor is legal & compliant
- Ensure that the team delivers the standard of product presentation
- Monitoring standards through the completion of a daily standards checklist and subsequent follow up / delivery
- To ensure that all members of the team are looking world class in the agreed dress code
- Demonstrating an authentic and passionate understanding of the brand, product and the competition
- Ensuring consistently well managed stocks and displays
- Manage stock levels and ensure no out-of-stocks of core lines
- Exceed stock loss KPI through effective management of procedures and stock loss action plan
- To ensure merchandise is replenished to support sell-through targets
- To effectively manage the best/worst sellers
- To proactively feedback to Business Development Director on customer feedback and provide recommendations for improvement
- To forward plan for deliveries, events and the new season
- Manage stock counts as appropriate, ensuring efficient stock holding of all products to avoid out of stock at all times
- Ensure merchandise is properly displayed and stored
- Ensure store costs are managed within agreed budget levels and using your commercial eye for detail
- Deliver a high level of product advice and knowledge
- Maintain in-store visual standards
- Work without supervision to efficiently meet store objectives.
- Oversee processing of till transactions, performs till functions and follows cash management policies and procedures
- Assist in managing timekeeping procedures
A fully flexible approach is required as shift patterns will vary over 7 days and will include a minimum of THREE evening shift per week, working until close, 10:30pm, and will include 3 weekends out of 4. These will be scheduled around the needs of the business. During Peak Trade it will be necessary to work extra weekends to support the business.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous retail management experience
- Proven ability to drive sales and team working to achieve key performance indicators
- To be immaculately presented
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable, with excellent time management skills and punctuality
- Self-starter who is energetic and flexible
- Detail oriented
Desirable, but not essential:
- Interest or experience in floristry an advantage.
- Candidates must be legally authorised to work in the U.K. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status.
- No criminal history. A background check will be performed.
How to Apply
Please provide the following:
- Cover letter and C.V.