At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Our person centred, professional teams are looking for a responsible and motivated Support Worker to join them on a full-time basis to support adults with a range of different needs. You will be expected to travel to a number of our supported living services across Carmarthen, Wales such as the following: Maes Road, Queen Victoria Road, Maes y Dderwen and Awelon, Kidwelly.
You will be supporting adults with a learning disability to do just the same things you and others do. This might be anything from cooking, shopping and days out to attending fun parties and competitive games of bingo! In some other services, the people we support love other activities such as skiing, gardening, swimming and going for walks as well as visiting local cafés and restaurants to indulge in their favourite food, cakes and drinks! Over all, you will help them to lead the life they choose and very much deserve.
Each service varies in terms of the type of people we support and what they enjoy doing. Therefore, two days are never them same. All we ask is for someone who is willing to travel to our services in this area and someone who is strongly passionate in caring for those with learning disabilities and to make a difference to their lives. All of our services consist of wonderful individuals and the teams are highly welcoming.
For more information on the services that make up this exciting, new, peripatetic vacancy, please click on the pink `Additional Information` button below to view our service specific One Page Profiles.
You will need to:
- Have good people skills
- Have an ability to work to deadlines and within a constantly changing environment
- Have an ability to complete paperwork.
- Have a willingness to participate in sleep-ins and waking nights, which is highly desirable
- Have a driver`s licence
- Be 21 years of age or older, due to insurance purposes
- Be able to carry out personal care when required
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate which is paid for by Mencap.
If you feel that this would be the perfect job for you, then we would love to hear from you! Please don`t hesitate to click on the `Apply` button below to transfer you through to our application process. Good luck!
Vacancy reference: 9980
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
- Support Worker
- Learning Disability
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job