Full-Stack Web Developer
Location: Glasgow, G1 1XW.
Salary: £29,000 per annum.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
Synaptec is a highly innovative company based in the centre of Glasgow. We were founded in 2014 with a mission to become the globally-leading innovator in photonic instrumentation for the electrical power industry, and other energy sectors such as offshore renewables. We are here to facilitate change in the power sector: to push for the adoption of cutting-edge technologies, and to enable the move to a smarter, cleaner grid.
Synaptec uniquely blends the disciplines of photonics, power systems, instrumentation, and data analytics to enable our clients to instantly know the electrical, mechanical, and environmental state of their systems and networks. To keep us at the cutting-edge, we are committed to recruiting excellent engineers and developing their abilities to the full.
Synaptec is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation or identification, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. We are proud to be an accredited Living Wage Employer and member of the Living Wage Foundation.
The Full-Stack Web Developer will be part of a growing team led by technical and business experts, and will be involved in significant parts of the development cycle of Synaptec’s sensing and analytics platform, from design to field deployment.
The role is focused on the development of web-based solutions for Synaptec’s instrumentation platform for the electrical power industry and renewable energy applications. This will include the design, testing, and deployment of web-based applications, custom visualisations, and suitable APIs.
Prior experience and confidence in back-end server software will be beneficial, but the opportunity for training and development in specific relevant technologies will be available. A passion for visual design will be invaluable.
The Web Developer will be closely involved in Synaptec’s product development and testing processes and will be given some autonomy to design and conduct experimental or development activities within the guidance of the team. It is expected that the Web Developer will gain invaluable interdisciplinary experience, will take opportunities to develop new skills, and will provide input at a growing level to Synaptec’s success.
The Web Developer should be flexible and capable of contributing to, and performing, a wide range of activities. As Synaptec is a young, growing company, these activities could include assisting with writing proposals, meeting with industrial clients and prospects, and representing the company at project meetings.
The post will report on a day-to-day basis to the company’s Head of Power Systems Technologies, and may be expected to provide updates to the wider team on technical progress, and to participate in the preparation of reports or presentations to external clients.
This is a full-time post. Given the present situation, it is expected that all the work will be completed remotely. Occasional office or site visits and short-term working at client or supplier sites may be required, where it is safe to do so. In the longer term, it is expected that the role will be split between remote and office-based working.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate or rapidly develop:
• Experience and skills in web design and visualisation, such as using Canvas, SVG, D3, Leaflet, and charting libraries
• Experience in web frameworks such as Vue, React, or Svelte
• Back-end/server programming skills and experience, such as Go, Python, C/C++, or Node.js
• Self-motivation and an ability to work autonomously, efficiently, and rigorously including the ability to manage own time and workload effectively
• An excellent academic qualification in engineering, computer science, physics, or a relevant subject
• Confidence with team-working in a high-technology environment
• Good verbal communication skills and attitude, with an ability to discuss technical information in clear and simple terms with colleagues and customers
• Ability to prepare concise, accurate, high-quality documents and presentations, with excellent attention to detail
• Having a keen interest and flair for visual design
• Experience with automated development and build tools such as Next or Nuxt
• Experience with deploying websites, such as managing DNS and certificates
• Experience with cloud-based providers such as AWS or Azure
• Familiarity with power system engineering or renewables
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!
- Full Stack
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'