POST is working with one of Leeds most sought after digital marketing agencies as they have a need for a full-time, full-stack PHP developer to join their highly talented web development team working on projects for very prestigious clients.
The company has a history of producing innovative, bespoke and award-winning projects as they are passionate about development. You should be keen to push capability boundaries and help shape the future direction of this business from a technology and skills perspective. With a history of commercial web application design and development and exposure to the full project lifecycle, you must have a working knowledge of software design patterns, a clear understanding of web and system security issues and designing for best application performance.
Some responsibilities in your role as a developer will include:
- Responsible for PHP development
- Full stack engineering, developing features using PHP and related technologies.
- Developing and working with web services.
- Owning multiple codebases, refactoring these and maximising code reuse.
- Following a TDD process, developing tests and writing code in this fashion.
- Working with account/project managers to provide timely solutions to challenges.
- Working with a team of developers, providing guidance and architectural advice.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people
- 3+ years PHP experience
- Demonstrable experience with popular open source CMS e.g Joomla, Drupal
- Comfortable with fast moving environments and meeting deadlines
- Able to solve complex problems with elegant solutions
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can collaborate closely with cross-functional teams
- Experience with TDD, Git, Cucumber, Behat or BDD tools
- Ability to write clean/dry code and follow best practices
- Write HTML and CSS (Scss) for a wide range of projects and target devices
- JS Frameworks such as Angular and React
- Git version control
- Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- A competitive salary up to £35,000, dependant on your experience
- Friendly and sociable working environment
- Continued professional development opportunities
- Many other personal benefits