About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
About NCR Edinburgh
As part of its billion dollar transition to a Software driven company, NCR has identified Edinburgh as the location for a Centre of Software Expertise. Building upon an existing, highly skilled and successful team we are looking for people to join us in a development environment that emphasizes creativity, collaboration and product ownership.
To be successful we need people who:
- Enthusiastically follow technology trends in Enterprise Java, software engineering best practice and technologies;
- Take pleasure in seeing smart, practical solutions put in front of customers;
- Enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems to tight deadlines;
- Are open to constantly refresh and renew their skills.
We are looking for Java Developers, preferably with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
- Java developer responsibilities include designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Development and review of changes with a focus for design, efficiency, and quality
- Work as part of a team as well as working autonomously
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Contribute to improvements to the software development process
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Hands on experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE frameworks
- Firm understanding of Java internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Experience of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience in build technologies such as Gradle / Maven
- Experience in SCM technologies such as Git
- Experience with test-driven development
Other Skills of Benefit
- Experience in software security
- Experience in development for financial applications
- Experience in performance testing
- Experience of Scrum/Kanban/Agile etc
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job