Full Stack Developer
Based: London or High Wycombe
Term: Full-time, Permanent
You love music and want to push the boundaries of possibility using the web. As a keen developer and music lover, you want to help us build a robust platform to bring music production into the connected world. Maintainability, testing, clean code and continuous delivery are core to your work ethic. You have a passion for a new generation of connected creative software. You live and breathe modern web tools and architectures. You have an eye for great user experiences and an understanding of what makes them. You love music and making music, and you thrive in small, creative teams.
You'll help expand our current ecosystem for use in a wider range of music making applications. This will involve working with a large range of technologies across the web stack from designing our REST API, maintaining our cloud infrastructure, database design and internal tools to write web pages and work on hybrid desktop/mobile applications.
- Build, deploy and maintain online services
- Design and build web applications, led by user stories
- Be a pioneer within our web development team's growth
- Discuss design and implementation details with th e team
- Deliver clean and well tested features to improve the platform
- Review pull requests from other team members.
- Help with the design of a scalable and secure platform.
- You have experience working with REST APIs and the HTTP protocol
- Test Driven Development, continuous integration and developing applications in lean way are second nature to you
- You’re keen to get your hands dirty and learn new skills.
- You get on well in a small team, working closely and communicating clearly with others
- You have some experience working with a cloud platform
- You are adaptable, autonomous and are able to manage your own time
- You’re friendly and communicate wel
- You make music or have experience with music software
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with some (or all!) of the following technologies: NodeJS, Postgresql, React (and the react ecosystem), Linux, AWS, HTML5/CSS and serverless architectures.
- Experience with some hybrid app framework such as Electron
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (eg CloudWatch, Graylog, New Relic, etc…)
- Experience with a statically typed compiled language.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
Our audio technology brands stand together, seeking to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity. We want to create opportunities for everyone to enjoy making music, from musicians trying to capture their unique sound, to the professionals delivering the greatest shows on earth.The Focusrite Group has an illustrious history with four Queen's Awards for Enterprise among a host of other accolades. We comprise six successful and rapidly growing brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Martin Audio, ADAM Audio, Novation and Ampify Music. With a high-quality reputation and a rich heritage spanning over four decades, our brands continue to shape the music-making world.
Focusrite leads that world in audio interfacing technology - more musicians record through Focusrite than any other brand. The Focusrite Pro team are focussed on the complex needs of the audio professional for whom sound is not just a passion, but a way of life. Martin Audio have been uniting audiences for almost five decades with their awe-inspiring touring and installation loudspeaker systems. Based in Berlin,?ADAM Audio?are precision innovators in the field of professional monitoring and loudspeaker technology, made famous by their unique ART ribbon tweeter. Novation?is obsessed with helping electronic music makers find new ways to produce and perform new music. Born out of that team and based in Tileyard, King's Cross, London,?Ampify?Music make innovative music-making apps that are highly accessible, yet extendable and deep.
Music technology is an enriching space to work in, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means remaining open to new ideas. We enjoy a Group-wide open-door culture, where we can all contribute and everyone is heard as we grow and develop, both as individuals and as a team. We encourage innovation and fresh-thinking and are passionate about the inspirational solutions we create. Behind our success is a tightly knitted, like-minded family of music and audio lovers. We’re always pulling together to try and make a difference; our frequent appearance in 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For’ is testament to this.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people to apply regardless of religion, ethnic background, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity. We recognise the diversity shortcomings of our industry and are committed to driving change. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'