James Chase Solutions are recruiting for a Full Stack Developer (PHP) to join a vibrant and forward-thinking team in the heart of Brighton.
Our clients' sites have high-traffic, with over a million-page views a day. They are built on LAMP technologies, other languages, tools and frameworks including Laravel, vBulletin, NginX, OpenStack, React JS and native, Ansible, Memcached, Redis and Elasticsearch.
We are currently working on several projects, the focus areas being:
- Deep engagement - looking at how we can keep people on the site for longer and improve their experience
- Big data - identifying what data we have, and could be gathering the right information to improve what we can offer to clients and student
We are looking for a Full stack PHP developer that can bring something extra to our team. Whether you are a front-end, mid-level or back-end specialist we are looking for the right person with skills that will help us to develop and grow. In return, we offer the opportunity to develop your career and expertise in a fun and supportive environment.
Key role responsibilities:
Working with the rest of our scrum team you will be responsible for:
- Helping to scope, technically design, develop and deliver on new development projects
- Providing the optimisations and fine-tuning required to enable 7 million unique visitors make half a million posts each month
- Maintaining & improving the existing codebase and providing great technical insight and documentation
- Mentoring or sharing your knowledge with members of the development team and you will be a champion for quality assurance. This will be done both one-to-one, on projects or through regular team knowledge share sessions.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and suggesting how different technology might be used to improve our offering
This will suit someone with the following skills:
- Comprehensive commercial programming experience in PHP on a Linux environment
- Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and methods
- Experience of MySQL and/or Maria DB database design, complex query generation, and optimisation
- Knowledge of Docker, Ansible and/or AWS
- Self-motivated to learn and improve
- Good communication skills and is a team player
Other desirable skill sets include:
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Experience using GIT version control and Jira for task management
- Experience managing and maintaining a production Linux environment, with knowledge or the technologies such as Varnish, Pound, Memcached, Redis, Solr, Apache
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent qualification
If this is a good match for your skillset please do apply and we will be in contact to discuss the role in more detail
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'