Job reference number 106641
Full Stack Developer - Chesterfield/London
from £40 000 Chesterfield or £45 000 London depending on qualifications and experience. (+ potential 10% bonus and 25 days annual leave)
Chesterfield (S49) or London (EC1A)
We’re recruiting now for a Full Stack Developer to join our Group Business Intelligence (GBI) team. The sheer scope of transformational change at Royal Mail makes this an exciting time to join GBI, allowing you to be at the heart of driving change forward across the business
About the role
Working within an agile (SCRUM) development team we are looking for an innovative developer who will play a key role in the delivery of new web applications, hosted in Google Cloud Platform as well as the support of existing applications.
In your daily work, you will undertake the following:
- Full stack development using .Net Core and React.
- Analyse business requirements and translate them into new features.
- Work collaboratively within the team to create new application concepts and designs.
- Develop clean, well engineered code built for maintainability and extensibility.
- Respond to incidents through a keen eye for detail and strong problem solving abilities.
Being familiar with using a version control system, preferably Git, you will be enthusiastic about using the latest technology and be able to bring new ideas to the team. With excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, you’ll be proficient in gathering and elaborating on stakeholder requirements in a commercial environment, and have experience translating requirements into a working product. You will have a strong track record of feature level design, development, and testing of architecturally robust and scalable technical solutions.
In this highly technical role, you will have a good working knowledge of both the Microsoft .Net framework and React. You will have evidence of creating great front-end design for users, alongside having some, if not all, the following experience and knowledge:
- .Net Core
- Unit Testing e.g. NUnit.
- Dependency Injection e.g. Ninject, Autofac
- Responsive design using frameworks e.g. (Bootstrap, material, semantic UI)
- Understanding of token based authentication.
- Experience with Google Cloud.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in an agile (SCRUM) environment is advantageous.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science or a related subject is preferred.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
At Royal Mail we connect companies, customers and communities across the country, delivering a ‘one-price-goes-anywhere’, universal postal service to more than 30 million addresses. As one of the UK’s leading companies, we are focused on being recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Database, SQL, .NET, Computer Science, Developer, Technology
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'