HQ4996: Fuel Operator
Location: Eye, Peterborough, Suffolk
Salary: £19,000 to £23,000 (DOE)
An opportunity has become available for a fuel operator in the Peterborough area. The successful candidate will join an expanding market leader.
Applications from ex-military personnel i.e. Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) or Army are strongly encouraged.
The position is ideally suited for someone who is used to working within a team and who can embrace the flexibility that the role requires in supporting the Fuel Team Leader.
- Report to the Fuel Team Leader
- Assist in the safe and efficient delivery of fuel into the plant
- Conduct plant maintenance activities
- Conduct fuel and ash sampling
- Investigate plant problems and identifying solutions to ensure maximum plant availability and performance
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
- Be available to work split shifts consisting of days, nights and weekend shifts
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a production based environment
- Physically fit and able to undertake heavy physical work, sometimes in adverse conditions.
- Qualified to drive an articulated 38-T lorry
- Qualified to drive a wheeled loading shovel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic; self-starter; results orientated
- Good ability to plan and anticipate
- Have a high degree of flexibility within the work context
- Good team player
Salary ranges between £19,000 and £23,000
The Fuel Operator will work 40-hour weeks
In addition to a guaranteed base salary and regular overtime opportunities, benefits include:
25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
Government pension scheme
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job