Greenergy supplies road fuel to customers in the UK and Canada. We operate globally with offices in Canada, the USA, Brazil and Dubai and source fuels from around the world.
We are currently looking to recruit a Fuel Logistics Operator to join our team based in Grays, Essex. This is a full time permanent position, where you will work nights (18:30 - 06:30) on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. Therefore weekend working is a requirement for this position.
Purpose of role:
To be part of the Logistics Operations team to ensure the highest standards of deliveries are met for all of our customers, ensuring that all scheduled deliveries are completed in line with the customers expectations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver the schedule, utilise resources efficiently and fulfil customer expectations.
- To establish and develop good working relationships with all stakeholders, including Customers, Drivers, Transport Managers, Customer Care and third party contractors.
- To ensure customer service is maximised and issues are dealt with to maintain high service levels - communicating direct with customers as necessary.
- To manage all driver operational / delivery queries in a timely and professional manner. Re-routing, scheduling and arranging deliveries accordingly.
- Ordering of all fuel for loading through required systems.
- Provide support to Transport Managers to ensure sufficient vehicles are available and maintain strong working relations with all maintenance providers to minimise vehicle down time.
- To monitor haulier performance closely to ensure deliveries are made in line with agreements and escalate when necessary.
- Ensuring all necessary information is fed back to the colleagues with in efficiently.
- Provide support to all customers.
- Assist with event investigation and closeout for issues.
- Crisis management - work closely with drivers and customers to minimise the impact to Greenergy business in the event of crossovers and spills.
Proven ability of working in an order and dispatch environment that is customer service focused, together with experience of vehicle scheduling.
- Prepared to take the lead and ownership of night shift operations
- Be able to prioritise, work well under pressure and communicate effectively
- Strong sense of Customer focus
- Strong UK geographical knowledge
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of the WTD
- Must be IT literate to an intermediate standard (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Team player
- Adaptable to new systems and processes
- Attention to detail and application of prevailing business processes
To apply for this role please submit a current CV along with a cover letter highlighting how you meet the competencies for the role and detailing your previous experience.
Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application, therefore applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we regret to advise you that we are unable to respond to Candidates who are not short listed for this role.
If you should have any queries regarding this position please call Debbie Rees Strictly No Agencies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job