As a technology and data driven business, our client recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping them achieve their vision; and as a result, they are continuing their expansion and investment in their world-class Engineering function.
Collaborating with colleagues from across the company you will play a key role in helping to define the scope, architecture and implementation details of projects at all levels and have a real impact on the commercial outcomes and ultimate success of each project.
They value developers who are proactive and react swiftly, so you will contribute to the live code that underpins the business from your very first day. At stand-up you will meet the team and the product stakeholders, take ownership of your first task and begin to provide your solutions.
You can expect to be fully involved in the team from the start, including participating in code reviews and daily stand-ups. You will provide insight into the delivery of current and upcoming team tasks. By the end of your first week you will have submitted your first pull request, successfully passed the code review process and put your first changes into production.
What Success Looks Like:
- From day one, you will commit production-ready and tested changes to the codebase, creating pull requests for your work and having them peer reviewed, before deploying the changes to the live systems.
- You will participate in daily stand-ups, clearly and effectively communicating your ideas and the status of your own tasks to the rest of your team.
- You will assist with the discovery and prioritisation of new work, and take ownership of appropriate tasks, seeing them through to delivery.
- You will create massive business value by understanding what the different areas of the business do, what the impact of your work will be to each of those areas, and then focusing and delivering quickly.
Their Ideal Frontend Developer:
Proven experience with frameworks such React (more detail)
Excellent attention to detail
Is commercially astute with demonstrable experience of delivering business impact
Has experience of working in a lean and agile team with strong focus on continual improvement
Takes ownership of tasks and drives them through to delivery
May have experience of mentoring more junior colleagues
Solicits feedback from others and is eager to find ways to improve
Leads the way by identifying, sharing and championing engineering best practices
Is able to work both independently and as part of a strong team, and can focus and deliver fast.
The Tech team has a clear vision to create industry leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes.
We expect much of this clients’ growth to come from great ideas their team members generate, with their collaborative approach accelerating their delivery.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to our client being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm. We support all departments throughout the business in delivering their world class services and adding massive value for all our customers.
- Continued evolution of existing products and new products to support the growth of business
- Work with other developers to provide input into architectural decisions
- Identify, communicate and act on opportunities for improving systems you are working on
- Support colleagues from the wider business when issues arise with these systems
- Take turns leading daily stand-ups with colleagues’ in your team, keeping the focus on delivery
- Work effectively within their Agile environment, and identify incremental improvements to their processes
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business value through your engineering effort
- Produce quality code which meets or exceeds their best practices
- Participate in code reviews of colleague’s work to help them achieve the same high standards
- Test your own code to satisfy business acceptance criteria, and help your colleagues test their work in the same manner
- Improve their codebase by writing appropriate unit and functional tests
- Understand the different environments your code will operate in, and use existing automated deployment processes to move code through UAT, staging and into production
- Investigate issues which arise in production and suggest solutions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job