Frontend Developer (12 month FTC)
About the job
We’re looking for a Frontend Developer to join for 12 months who’s passionate about delivering a great customer experience.
You’ll be welcomed into an established and thriving team working in the heart of Sheffield City Centre.
The ideal candidate is someone who gets a kick out of complex challenges and keeps up to date with emerging technology and best practice to help stay at the top of their game.
The projects you’ll work on are varied and you’ll have the opportunity to draw on all of your experience; whether it’s designing elegant and intuitive user interfaces or engineering highly performant web pages.
We’ll give you autonomy to make decisions about how you approach your work and you’ll have an experienced team of friendly developers to collaborate with and lean on for advice when you need it. We’re also committed to making time for you to continue to hone your skills, attend industry conferences and share your knowledge with others.
Pleased not this is a 12 month fixed term contract.
As a Frontend Developer you will...
- User experience design and Front-End build
- Contributing towards the creative design process and guiding others on UX best practice
- Conducting Cross-Browser and Usability testing to create accessible and compliant web pages
- Code reviews of colleagues work to maintain high quality output
- Attend project and team meetings with business stakeholders
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior designers/developers
- Help with the creation of User Stories in requirements capturing
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- HTML and CSS/SASS
- Responsive Design
- Photoshop and/or Fireworks
- Wireframing & Design
- Rapid prototyping
- Git or other version control systems
- User Testing & UX Analysis
- AB & Multivariate Testing
- Google Analytics Integration
- Google Tag Manager use and integration
- Articulate with good communication skills
- Experience with templating languages such as: Handlebars / Twig / Smarty
- Exposure to back-end languages such as: Node / PHP / Java
- Experience using Unix based terminal
- Experience of an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience of JIRA/Confluence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job