Our client are a fast growing ecommerce business.
They are now looking for a talented and ambitious front-end developer to join them on the next exciting stage of their journey.
About the role
You’ll be joining a friendly, supportive and high-performing team of web development, user experience, UAT, infrastructure, and IT service specialists. You'll play a key role in the development, testing and maintenance of core customer experience across our UK and European websites.
You’ll be hands-on and enthusiastic about bringing new technology and innovation to the team through the sharing of development practices, ideas and experience. You’ll have a keen eye for detail and problem solving, and will take a positive, proactive approach to your work. Experience working in a mobile-first environment is critical to the success of this role.
- Maintain and improve the company’s UK & European websites across all devices.
- Work alongside UX and UAT specialists to architect solutions that adhere to best-practices and make a real difference to customers.
- Support the roll out and deployment of enhancements and new technologies to the production environment.
- Develop using a broad range of languages, tools and technology.
- Work closely with various departments and stakeholders to deliver requirements.
- Proven experience of e-commerce website development.
- Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 including mobile-first responsive web design (hand-coded or using frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation).
- Experience using CSS pre-processors such as SASS, LESS or Stylus.
- Experience of CRO, including configuration of A/B or multivariate tests in Optimizely, Google Optimize, VWO or similar testing platforms.
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-device testing and compatibility.
- The ability to work well in a team as well as independently on individual projects.
- Attention to detail, quality, and best practices.
Desired but non-essential skills
- Experience working within a .NET environment using Microsoft TFS & Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of modern UI/UX design practices and implementation.
- Agile Scrum/Kanban software development including use of JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of WordPress and PHP development.
- Comfortable with web application architecture, e.g. client/server, HTTP, web services, APIs, Ajax.
- Experience working with databases, web performance and web security.
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- Test driven development and testing automation.
- Previous experience using WebGL or Node.js.
Excellent package offered to the successful candidate.
- Web Design
- Front End Engineering Design
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'