Job Title: Front End Web Developer Agile / Scrum
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire - Near to St Albans City Train Station
Salary: £ Negotiable + Excellent benefits including, 25 days holiday PLUS bank holidays, pension, bonus and lots more
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: PH9353
Fancy becoming a part of an office that houses 200+ employees in this large corporate organisation? This team is new (c2015) to St. Albans and is making a significant impact for its clients. A continuing growth strategy is creating opportunities for talented professionals to progress their careers. Career progression opportunities within this organisation are clear and merit based, with promotions across all grades within the office in recent years, including numerous promotions.
If your background is in development you will find opportunities to both grow your portfolio of skills and lead at what you do best. In return for your continued success, interest and commitment, my client will provide you with a variety of interesting tasks, a comprehensive training program and a structured career path.
The team work in a highly agile and flexible way, supporting a diverse range of client, business and technical requirements.
As a Front End Developer you will:
- Build responsive, intuitive and standards compliant Front Ends for a variety of web based applications accessed through a variety of platforms;
- Participate in discussions/planning around system architecture;
- Be an integral and collaborative member of a team building top-quality products and services;
- Be involved with the design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions;
- Develop program specifications ensuring that expected application performance levels are achieved;
- Have an understanding and involvement in the complete development lifecycle for products and applications;
- Understand the importance of unit and test plans, constantly looking for opportunities to improve code quality;
- Evaluate new technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and identify opportunities for improvement and greater efficiency
Demonstrable (must have) experience of the following is required:
- A minimum of 5 years of development experience with at least 2 years hands-on Front End;
- Agile framework (SCRUM preferred);
- Identifies key web development concepts such as Implementing or working with a template driven system or MVC framework with a clear separation between content and display;
- Testing Frameworks (e.g. unit testing, BDD, TDD);
- Strong experience using MVC frameworks such as AngularJS and Vue.JS; and
- Experience working with the NodeJS platform for web applications and backend services.
Additional desirable (nice to have) experience includes:
- Experience in server-side development, preferably in an OO language - .NET (C# preferred)
- Exposure to Cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (preferred) or Azure;
- CI/CD Tools (e.g. TeamCity/Jenkins); and
- Exposure to Financial Services industry
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency in respect of this role.