Xact Placements have an exciting opportunity for a Front End Web Developer to join a newly founded Development Team based in Milton Keynes. Our client specialises in mortgage brokering however they have recently set up a software house which will be developing cloud based solutions for the financial services industry. Our clients encourages a friendly and informal atmosphere which has loads of potential for career progression. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a stable company whilst being one of their first hires.
We are looking for an experienced Front End Web Application Developer to join our clients Agile team. The successful candidate will be responsible for translating initial designs into actual code to produce the visual elements of the application. You will have an active role in defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will be required to communicate professionally with other members of the development team, project stakeholders and our test/support team.
- Development and maintenance of the user-facing aspects of the web application and systems
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Working with the design team to understand the concept and advising on how it can be implemented technically within constraints
- Develop and maintain an extended knowledge of how the system is used to help users and other staff members
- Attending and participating in staff meetings e.g. Daily Scrum stand-ups, Design meetings, etc
- Assisting with other tasks and projects that relate to the production, maintenance and documentation of our digital platforms as needed
- Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS & SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, & AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT, VSTS)
- Experience of C# MVC, VB.NET, Bootstrap and/or Telerik would be beneficial