Summary and Main Purpose:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join our team at an exciting time as we bring new products to market and continually expand. Our team is constantly developing new concepts that put us a cut above our competitors - and you could be part of this.
So, what will you be doing?
You will be working on our aviation software within the Bytron team and will be involved in the development of our flagship software solutions. Specific duties include:
- Working with our backend PHP developers to integrate data feeds into the UI via api methods
- App development using Telerik Appbuilder (Phonegap)
- Working on interactive geographic charting, overlaying weather and other data
- Using Jira for development tickets using sprint methods
- Improving the UI and performance across our web applications
The candidate would need to be highly driven in the following areas;
- Provide accurate estimates with regards to work and work to a schedule.
- Develop core technical functionality and responsive interfaces from designs provided by our in-house design team.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of the industry and trends, particularly regarding development.
- Keep abreast of usability standards and emerging technologies.
- Be a team player and keep team members informed as appropriate.
- Work hard to keep Bytron’s software ahead of our competitors, positioning yourself and the company as specialists in aviation software.
- A high level of experience of front-end web development and database integration
- Must be able to present a portfolio of relevant work - please include links/URL’s with your CV
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Must have meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent coding skills and good understanding of the necessities of cross-browser production
- An appreciation of the benefits of CI, BDD and TDD
- In-depth experience working with web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3 and deploying solutions across responsive, cross platform devices/browsers
- An appreciation of Technical Debt and Code Quality
- High experience and regard to UX, UI
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Ability to receive feedback and constructive criticism positively
- Putting the customer first and using quality as a prime driver of outcomes
- Desire and willingness to learn and expand skills
- A team player
- A passion for Aviation
Our offices are based in Kirmington, North Lincolnshire which is approximately one mile from Humberside Airport. We are surrounded by the picturesque Lincolnshire countryside which is ideal for a lunchtime walk. The local pub and St Helena’s Church are a couple of minutes walk away; offering a great place to relax and think-up the next innovative feature we can add to our aviation suite of products. Due to the location, the successful applicants would need to have access to a vehicle
- 30 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- Summer and Winter bonus scheme (based on productivity)
- Flexible working times and staff are able to work from home occasionally
- Free drinks and fruit
- Choice of hardware
STRICTLY NO RECTMENT AGENCIES This vacancy is open to direct applicants only
- Front End
- Software Solutions
- Web Technologies