Baker St, London
Up to £55,000 (Depending on experience)
Our client is a Digital Managed Service Agency, focused on digital markets in the private, public and charitable sectors. They are now looking to expand their team based in Central London.
After a successful couple of years, building up our client base, they are now looking to fill a range of roles.
Their client is growing its Engineering discipline. With an initial focus on Customer facing technologies, such as Ecommerce, EPOS and Integration. Engineering discipline will then develop to cover the full technology landscape at House of Fraser. In 2018 we are growing the Ecommerce Engineering team.
As a developer within the team, you will be able to understand complex front end web application code and also enhance, refactor the code base to build large scale web applications.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Apply and adhere to good practice software engineering practices (e.g. TDD and BDD, continuous integration, automated tests, pair programming, code reviews)
- Responsible for taking ownership of delivery and meeting the development goal (along with the wider engineering team)
- Working collaboratively and sharing good practices while ensuring consistency in the ways of working across teams
- Design and implement features and functionality for both new and existing web applications including website redesign
- Ensure Front End implementations are performant and provide an engaging customer experience
- Investigate and resolve website performance issues
- Coordinate and work closely with product, creative, and other external teams
- Define and embed web/mobile development best practices and processes , working with wider development team.
- Collaborate with the Testing Team to agree test automation strategy
- Perform code reviews and provide mentoring/training to the wider web development teams where appropriate
- Ensure our platform and code adhere to industry standards where appropriate, eg accessibility, SEO etc.,
To be considered for the Front End Engineer position you will have the following experience skills and attributes:
- Expert in HTML5 and CSS3 (Less or Sass)
- Demonstrable experience, knowledge and passion to deliver clean, semantic, maintainable, re-usable Front End code
- Must have knowledge of Web Standards, SEO
- Must have worked in Continuous Delivery, DevOps and Agile environments
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience in the integration of off-the-shelf web applications, and integration with third party APIs to interface with the system
- Understanding of agile development principles and the application and execution within an e-commerce environment, e.g. pair programming, code reviews
If you feel you are suitable for their Front End Engineer position, please apply now.