Front End Developers required for a leading eCommerce company on a permanent basis.
Location: Central London or Watford
Rate: Dependent upon experience.
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online purchasing experience for everyone, no matter what they are buying and from where! You will be client focused and be willing to be flexible when required to make them happy.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Proficient understanding of web languages, including HTML5 & CSS3
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS and/or LESS
- Proficient understanding of Responsive Design, Grid systems and/or CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc…)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages (JSP and/or PHP)
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Good understanding of libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, Bower, etc.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.