Job Title:??Front End Developer
Business Unit:?CIO, Digital Solutions??
Salary: Starting from £26,000 - £34,000 per annum
Location:? UK, Flexible
The best we are is together.
?At Virgin Money, the freedom to be your true self means everything to us. It’s about bringing as much of yourself to work as you?want and encouraging others to do the same.? We all want to be ourselves, whoever that is, wherever that is. That sense of?belonging is so important to us, we’ve made it a core part of our strategy. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our?customers.?
We want to share with you our amazing journey within the Online space and would love for you to?join us!? We’re working hard to transform the way we work, to become more effective, inventive & engaging. Our goal is continual delivery of first?class services?to our customers & staff.? The need to be on the go at a click of a button has never been greater and it’s up to us to make that happen when?it comes to Banking with us.
Our Front End Chapter?is responsible for the creation and maintenance of a wide range of Web applications & services, both customer facing experiences and internal staff tooling. These cover the full range of customer types within the bank, including retail customers & business clients. Our Web systems are designed to be accessed via a number of platforms: Desktop, Mobile & Tablet.
Day to day you’ll:
- Assess & estimate new work requests
- Build and enhance features within projects, adding unit & automation tests for high code coverage
- Contribute to semantically versioned common code libraries
- Deploy applications using continuous integration & deployment systems
- Engage with peers during pull requests
- Fix bugs & reduce tech debt across systems
- Generate new ideas for development approaches & architectural approaches
- Help improve, optimise & modernise our tech stack
To be brilliant you’ll need to?bring…?
- Previous experience in the development of single page Web applications using React or similar frameworks (e.g. Angular, Vue)
- Experience implementing and using UI state management patterns e.g (Redux, Zustand)
- An understanding of declarative routing patterns (e.g with React Router)
- Knowledge of library dependency management using NPM or similar
- Awareness of modern UI styling approaches using CSS, Sass or CSS-in-JSS solutions
- Basic understanding of communicating with Microservice REST APIs and Networking/HTTP protocols
- Experience of using version control tooling & repositories, e.g. git, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Understanding of agile work tracking/ticketing software such as Jira, Azure Boards
- Familiarity with best practice software development principles, e.g. DRY, KISS, SOLID
- Awareness of security considerations with front end software development
- Knowledge of either Object Oriented or Functional Programming paradigms
It’s a bonus if you have?the?knowledge and experience?below?but it's not essential…?
- Automation testing solutions using Cypress.
- Server caching state management solutions, e.g using SWR
- Monorepo & Micro FrontEnd solutions, e.g Lerna, Single Spa
- Implementing accessible interfaces complying with WCAG 2.1 (or newer)
- Defensive mitigations against OWASP top ten security risks
- Knowledge or experience of developing with the Microsoft Dynamics platform?
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the?“to be brilliant you’ll need to bring” section above, but the final section is?just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!??
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at or
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'