An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our UX & Development team here at Matalan as a Front End Developer. As a Front End Developer, you will work as part of an established and successful UX & Development team to code, develop & implement best-in-class digital experiences. You will be passionate about all things web with strong working knowledge of developing code for responsive design, especially for mobile devices.
You will work closely alongside a team of UX Designers, Developers, Analysts and Researchers to take initial business requirements through to the build & development of front end experiences.
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes into actual code that will produce visual elements and new features on the website
- Create best-in-class digital solutions that deliver improved front end experiences for our customers
- Support the UX & Development initiative roadmap seeking to drive incremental revenue benefits and improved user satisfaction levels through front end development solutions and A/B testing
- Utilise the latest coding techniques to build the most performant solutions
- Responsive Design: using progressive enhancement and mobile-first approaches to create experiences that work everywhere and for everyone
- Work closely alongside designers & developers to improve the overall UX of digital channels
- Contribute to the overall UX component kit ensuring coded elements can be reused across other experiments
- Provide general business support, offering code solutions where needed
- Minimum of 2 years experience within a similar development role or degree in web development
- HTML: semantic mark-up for flexible reuse and accessibility
- CSS: good understanding of modern techniques and recent CSS advances
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Working knowledge of A/B testing tools would be beneficial
- Technical understanding of the latest W3C best practices
- Understanding of UX best practices and agile methodologies
- Proactive self-starter with ability to organise and prioritise work
- Excellent demonstratable front end web development skills
- Experience with medium to large web development projects beneficial; working in a team that includes front and back end developers, product owners, QA testers, and UX/visual design specialists
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Retail.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'