Working closely with our in-house Marketing, design, UX, UI, and Back End team, you'll play a pivotal part in crafting the online experience for our customers, every time they visit or sign into our website.
We’ve already got an optimization roadmap planned and we are looking for a mid-weight front end developer to help us through a continued optimization programme on a responsive website, within an existing Umbraco platform.
Reporting into the Head of IT, the candidate will be able to demonstrate an established track record for creating exceptional performance, cross-platform code and smart, beautiful and frictionless user journeys.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Confident using Adobe Photoshop, ZURB Foundation 6+, LESS/SASS, Bootstrapp
• Provide diligent user testing and ensure your work delivers an intuitive and memorable user experience
• Advise on user interface best practices to meet performance and client requirements
• Develop images for CDN through image software packages
• Management of Google Search Console making recommendations and implementing optimization
• Coach and mentor other members of the development team where appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must have 4 years’ industry experience in front end development
• Must possess a thorough understanding of web content and have access to a library of examples of recent work by successful brands and publishers.
• Strong Photoshop 2017 and translation skills
• Strong HTML5 and CSS3 semantic, hand-coding skills
• Solid experience of working with Umbraco
• Experience in working collaboratively using technical specifications for interactive websites
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions
• Experience developing responsive websites, is essential
• Great attention to detail and understanding of web and mobile technologies and standards
• Demonstrable experience of usability on fully responsive website
• Excellent project management, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in digital marketing disciplines such as SEO and W3c accessibility standards
• Creative thinker, great communication and project management skills and always willing to offer new suggestions and ideas
Working knowledge and experience of the following:
• Agency experience working with creative marketing projects
• Experience of Umbraco integration
• Angular 2
• Net MVC (Razor view engine)
• Familiar with email development
• Umbraco version 7
• SVN – version control
About The Company
Cargiant is officially the largest used car dealership in the world and you will be based at Cargiant’s Head Office, part of the main 48-acre site based in North West London.
The business supplies in excess of over a thousand cars a week and has up to 10,000 cars in stock. Its reputation is based in part on its ability to keep prices low and offer great choice and customer care. Cargiant has a long-established reputation for innovation, having pioneered the idea of a car supermarket, it is the UK’s favourite car Supermarket.
The Company reserves the right to end this vacancy early or extend the vacancy end date depending on the volume of applicants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job