Front End Developer
Front End Developer
The client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential.
Vision: Global IT Infrastructure services, simple and sufficient, delivered consistently, efficiently and cost effectively in support of the global business objectives.
As part of the IT function, IT Infrastructure and Operations is transforming. We are a global corporate function which supports the global business objectives. Our aim is to combine, develop and strengthen IT Infrastructure and operations to deliver efficient IT services, operating efficiently and continually improving; we ensure that all our assets are secure and meet regulatory requirements. IT Infrastructure and Operations support the portfolio of strategic programmes including the IT integration and OIP synergy programmes. Our success lies in the quality of our Colleagues to deliver on our customers ever increasing demands
The Developer will have involvement at all stages of the development life cycle, through requirements analysis, coding, unit testing, system testing, UAT and warranty-support
- Conduct Risk : To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- Liaison with subject-matter experts, business analysts, product owners, scrum-masters, developers, testers and architects to ensure that the proposed solution is mapped to business outcomes.
- Design and development of application solutions incorporating web-based user interfaces, communication layers, calculation engines, data layers and database structures.
- Designs will ensure that solutions are modelled logically, consistently and intuitively, ensuring that they perform optimally within agreed tolerances.
- Involvement in the promotion of developed solutions through various environments in adherence with the change control life cycle.
- Peer review of code from development team members and third-party providers, with a focus on maintainability and performance.
- Ensure solutions are built to best practices and patterns for application development and integration.
- User experience, understanding how technology can help the user to successfully complete a task.
- Working with DevOps and Delivery Managers to provide active management of the continuous integration/continuous deployment processes through the TFS and Release Manager packages.
- Showcasing of product increments to the scrum team and stakeholders (sprint review)
Minimum Criteria & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or an IT related subject or relevant business experience.
- Systems integration experience required
- Azure development/integration experience
- Application architecture experience required
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision
- Organised and methodical
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interpret business conversations and translate into technical requirements
- 2+ Insurance Broker experience
- Varied SDLC experience including Agile Scrum
What can we offer you?
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
The client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"