Mid & Senior Front End Developers - Up to £70,000
Location: London or Newbury
My client is a well-known British telecommunication organization known internationally operating in Asia, Africa, Europe and Oceania. Highly ranked by revenue, they are number 2 in the world in terms of connections and are part of the FTSE 100.
They are obsessed with digital transformation and continue to evolve their technology to better their customer's lives. The continue to experiment ways they can make their journey simpler and more enjoyable.
As a Mid/Senior Front-End Developer within the Digital team, you will be working in a collaborative way and in an Agile environment.
You will be combining with a fast paced, developing team who share a mutual interest in adopting a digitally focused engineering culture, helping shape the way in which they build and continuously integrate code.
As a Senior Developer, your time will be spent 50% on hands on development and 50% coaching/mentoring others. You will be viewed as a Lead assisting your team of developers and coming up with a range of solutions. There will be plenty of opportunity to drive your own development.
This role is perfect for commercially experienced, passionate developers, who are very enthusiastic and are driven highly towards creating rich, user focused applications.
You will be based in the London or Newbury office. If based in London, you will be required to travel to the Newbury office once or twice a week. If based in Newbury, you wouldn't be required to travel to London.
Key skills and experience:
- Commercial experience with React and Node.js/Angular.js/Backbone.js
- Good knowledge of responsive web design
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Responsive web design experience
- Experience with Git or other source control systems
- Strong ability to debug code
- Knowledge of building performance driven websites
- Automated Testing experience
- Experience leading/mentoring/coaching a team (for the Senior Developer)
- Worked in an Agile environment
- 10% annual Bonus
- Life insurance
- 28 days holiday
- Share benefits
- Childcare vouchers