If you're a creative, ideas-driven and self-motivated Front End Developer with a passion for best practice, who is looking for project ownership, and you enjoy working collaboratively across internal teams, then this is definitely something to look into.
Our client is a forward-thinking, online retailer that has seen massive growth in the last 10 years; having just gone through an incredibly well executed re-brand, this is truly a great time to be joining this dynamic team! Based in their fun, open-plan offices in Nuneaton, the team all work closely together in a collaborative and inclusive manner. They all thrive off idea generation and creativity. So, if you want to be part of this sort of environment, please read on.
Reporting directly in to the Customer Experience Manager, this role would be perfect if you are an ideas led Developer who also enjoys having ownership over their projects. As the sole Developer within the business, you will be responsible for using the established brand guidelines to create new pages and site content and making those changes live on the CMS.
You will sit within a cross functional IT team. Working with members of the IT team and the wider business, you will build, test and maintain front end solutions across all digital assets. Fundamental elements of practical web development are highly valued here, such as agile engineering methods backed by a deep understanding of front-end best practices.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work directly with the Customer Experience Manager, in house designers, e-commerce team and marketing team to build and ship front end solutions for the web platform and any other digital assets
- Work directly with the Customer Experience Manager to deliver a testing plan that will continually evolve all web platforms
- Be the driving force of best practice development, usability and web security
- Be the catalyst to a best in class web development team in delivering modern, testable and maintainable code
- 3+ years of practical work experience
- Have strong experience in creating mobile-first, device/browser agnostic user experiences
- Adaptable and resourceful and able to develop solutions to problems
- Care about and keep up to date with new web technologies, user experience best practice, version control, security and design
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with good communication skills to effectively communicate ideas
- Have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
You will be an experienced Developer preferably with prior experience working on e-commerce platforms. Excellent communication skills and the desire to work collaboratively with colleagues is a must here; this is a fast paced business experiencing impressive levels of growth so the ability to go with the flow is going to be key.
You will be highly valued and will be integral in the progress of critical digital processes going forward.
If you are looking for position you can call your own that offers excellent salary and bonus options, plus other benefits, then please get in touch with your CV and portfolio site in the first instance and we can go from there!
- Front End
- Web Developers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job