We are looking for both a Front End Developer (£40,000 - £50,000) and a Senior Front End Developer (£50,000 - £60,000).
We're looking for Talented Front-end Developers to help us build new products and experiences for our group of award-winning travel companies.
To learn more about us and our vision please visit https://tech.palatinategroup. com/ and get to know us better.
To work here, you should be:
- An expert at HTML and CSS, specifically familiar with BEM/modular CSS and comfortable using preprocessors (Sass, LESS, Stylus, etc.)
- An interest in Elm would be useful but not essential
- Aware of cross-browser compatibility issues and a strong advocate of client-side performance
- A capable pair programmer
- Able to empathise with the many different types of customers who use travel-related sites and products
- Familiar or experienced with native mobile application development (this is a plus)
What do we offer?
We want the best talent in tech to join us in our mission to create the best possible online experience for purchasing niche travel products, ensuring that our customers have a great experience from the moment they first visit one of our sites to the moment they return from their holiday.
This is a mature environment made up of competent specialists afforded the autonomy they deserve to apply their skills. It is about the quality of service we deliver and with that in mind we can offer you the flexibility you need to deliver but also to develop your craft.
We can provide remote working or working from home arrangements with time for you to develop - we designate Friday afternoons dedicated to training and non project work as a rule.
- WFH one day a week and flexible working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- £1k per year training/conference budget
- £500 per annum in travel vouchers to be redeemed with yourgolftravel.com or spabreaks.com
- Quarterly company socials
- Two 4-day working trips in the UK and abroad to our selected travel destinations.
- Referral bonus of £1k if you introduce new staff to the team
- Friday afternoons for training and non project work
- Choose your own tools
About the team
Our front end team is a small part of a larger development team of 26, with a mix of on-site and remote workers. We use many different technologies and languages, with the usual suspects on the front-end and Ruby on Rails as our staple on the back-end. All of our infrastructure is hosted on Google Cloud Platform.
Our team has an agile mentality, and the users of our software are heavily involved in all aspects of the work on our systems. Our work involves a mix of greenfield and legacy work, but don’t let this scare you off ? we believe in investing in the long-term health of our projects.
We use all the usual tools: Github, Slack, Trello, Google Hangouts. Most of our pairing is done either in person or using vim/tmux, but we believe in choosing our own tools.
Things you could work on:
- Bringing a better online booking experience to the golf, spa and racing industries, focusing in particular on search and checkout flows
- Working with a team of designers to craft clean, coherent interfaces to improve the user experience across our customer facing websites
- Developing UI components and templates for static pages to enable product managers to update content with minimal help from the dev team
- Improving the software used by our sales, customer service and supplier relations teams
- Analytics (working with data sets spanning the entire spectrum from website/call centre activity through to booking)
The Palatinate Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
- Front End