You will be part of a multilingual project team and work with peers and other departments to share ideas and suggestions, involving others in decision-making. You will be responsible for ensuring that the French or German linguistic content within a yet-to-be-released video game is correctly localised into the French or German language and that the text is displayed correctly when seen in-game, while also detecting and reporting any linguistic flaws. We believe that team work is one of our strongest values which will help us achieve the highest quality possible.
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying French or German grammar issues, misspelled words, missing punctuation, incorrect capitalisation and other punctuation language issues/errors.
- Looking for French or German inconsistencies in texts, inaccurate translations and making improvement suggestions when sentences or words sound unnatural. Finding and describing issues in English as well as in French or German.
- Glossary adherence: - Ensuring that terminology is respected and any errors are highlighted and corrected in French or German.
- Analysing French or German text to identify and correct issues related to localisation and accurately providing detailed and complete reporting (and subsequent revision) of those errors or problems, whilst making suggestions for improvements.
- Tracking and ensuring consistency of in-game terminology between languages and researching to ensure authentic and accurate contextual use of language.
- Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to.
- Logging details of errors/issues found and providing critical analysis and concise feedback.
- Ad hoc French or German translation.
Other responsibilities for the roles may include creating and maintaining terminology databases/glossaries for games contents, translation of internal and external documents and translation of contents for clients.
What we’re looking for
- Native level fluency in French or German and English, particularly reading & writing.
- Strong understanding of French or German culture.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite - particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Self-motivated and a proactive attitude with the ability to work productively and collaboratively within a multilingual team.
- An aptitude for, and a keen interest in languages and translation.
- A logical, methodical approach with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent observation and attention to detail with patience, perseverance and good concentration
- A willingness to do repetitive tasks and adapt to ever-changing technology.
- An ability to work either alone or in a team and with other colleagues, sometimes under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the current generation of games consoles and PCs, and the latest mobile platforms (preferred).
- An interest in, and understanding of the video game industry (preferred).
What we offer
You will be working within an open and transparent global business that provides a dynamic and refreshingly positive environment for all. Employees receive excellent benefits, including competitive earnings, holidays and inclusion into a vibrant social calendar. As we operate on a project by project basis, this role is offered on a fixed term contract. Normally we work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. Some flexibility for overtime may be required though (paid).
Long term and progression opportunities are available for the right employees who can demonstrate necessary skills and attitude.
Who we are
Since 1994, Pole To Win has been providing outsourced Quality Assurance, Customer Experience and Localization Services to the Interactive Media, Internet of Things (IoT), Technology and e-Learning markets. Our service lines include: Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Localization, Translation, Customer Experience, Talent Acquisition, Audio Production.
Pole To Win's core values are imbued across our global organization: Reinforced by our actions and our attitudes. Echoed throughout our approach to our operations and our clients. Exemplified by our culture, and most of all, our people. We build people and their careers. We actively turn to team mates for counsel, inspiration, and diverse perspectives. Relationships are built on mutual respect. Personal and professional integrity is our guiding principle. We are honest, authentic, transparent, and ethically sound. Our primary goal is to advance our clients' businesses and their customers' satisfaction. We set the bar for generating imaginative and effective solutions for the most challenging problems. We move with speed and agility. We love what we do. We have unwavering loyalty to our DNA, our culture, our values, and ourselves.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job