Field Sales Account Executive - East Midlands - Freight Forwarding
Full time hours
Salary - Competitive + bonus ( car, phone and lap top )
Our extremely successful client is currently seeking a Field Sales Executive to join their expanding yet well-established organisation.
This is a field based role with a territory of the East Midlands using the Northampton Head Office as the key office base.
The key purpose of this role will be to successfully execute the sales process to generate revenue growth and profitability through initiation and development of business opportunities with new and existing customers within a designated geographic territory and in line with the strategic business goals
Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers that meet or exceed established quotas via prospecting, networking and referral activities within a regional market.
- Cold calling potential businesses to achieve maximum sales opportunities
- Producing price offers to clients
- Focus to achieve set monthly and annual sales targets
- Accurately record results from activities using the internal sales CRM
- Produce monthly sales reports
- Build strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organisations to understand opportunities for creating value.
- Establish relationships with strategic customers with decision making authority and / or influence.
- An in-depth understanding of the customer's business model.
- Identify and propose logistics solutions to customers utilising the business products and services that translate into closed, business deals.
- Embrace a culture of integrity and professionalism, and utilise this value-based selling methodology in all sales pursuits.
- Identify opportunities for customer growth.
- Facilitate regular meetings with clients and relevant operations staff to evaluate performance and receive updates from clients on challenges and future plans.
- Undertake cross-selling and up-selling within existing customer base to further develop account potential through airfreight, sea freight, road freight, value added products and contract logistics
- Achievement of sales targets
- Credible and profitable customer relationships
- Achievement of the targeted growth agenda
- Objectives identified through the appraisal process
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven "business-to-business" sales experience in the Freight Forwarding or Logistics industry
- Minimum of 2 years within a sales role
- Good standard of education
- Commercial & financial acumen
- Influence and impact people across all levels in the Organisation
- Effective communicator with individuals in all functions within the business written and oral
- Active listening skills
- Ability to manage teams
- Able to work under pressure where needed
- Demonstrated sales success and knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated success in developing sales plans, analysing profitability of prospects, and the ability to understand the competitive influences and risks associated with individual accounts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Good time management techniques
- Able to use MS office, PowerPoint, Excel and other PC applications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job