A multi-modal logistics company is looking for a Freight Operator to join their new facility in Avonmouth.
Our client is an established multi-modal logistics service provider with exceptional tenure and they are looking for a Freight Operator at their new Avonmouth facility.
- Liaise / co-ordinate with internal and external customers, ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained.
- Ensure effective/timely communication with customers and employees to ensure smooth running of the department.
- Input data into computer systems as directed to ensure timely and accurate information available.
- Arrange with approved carriers for transport of cargo to maximise cost effectiveness.
- Work with sales department to ensure new business is effectively brought into the branch.
- Be involved in the continuous improvement program and grow the branch customer base and profit.
- Ensure HMR Customs compliance by assisting clearance team with correct instructions.
- Strong character with the ability to operate alone and also within a team
- A hard-working and self-motivated individual who always gives 100%
- Confident communication skills both written and verbal
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Computer literate
- Close proximity to Bristol
- Previous experience within import operations/freight forwarding
- £23,000 - £25,000