Seafreight Export Team Leader - North Essex - up to £35k - VR/18085
Our client, an International Freight Forwarding and Logistics company, based in North Essex are looking for a Seafreight Export Team Leader to join their team.
Main duties include:
- To supervise and assist the team with all aspects of the Shipping operation for the African and Middle East markets primarily, from initial booking through to job completion and subsequent invoicing
- Ensure all bookings are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and payment terms
- Assist with placing of bookings with respective shipping line / carrier / agent
- Liaise with customers to ensure correct documentation is received for shipment and forwarded to the shipping lines as necessary
- Ensure shipping lines have instruction for bills of lading and UCR references in a timely manner
- Ensure customer has received copy of draft bill of lading for approval and send approval to shipping line
- Allocation of incoming payments
Skills / Experience required:
- Experience gained with a Freight forwarding / Logistics organisation dealing with multimodal Export / Import shipments
- Working knowledge and understanding of Customs compliance and clearance matters
- Well organised and able to manage own workload whilst supervising and assisting other team members
- This includes total knowledge of the export procedures by sea
- Experience in successfully managing / supervising a team of people efficiently and effectively
Salary depending on previous experience.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at quoting reference; VR/18085
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job