My client requires an experienced Freight Forwarder who will be responsible for the day-to-day operational tasks and ensuring all customers freight depart and arrive on time. You will be based at the container terminal in Leeds
Duties will include;
- Responds to quote requests & bookings from customers (internal & External).
- Arranges transport in accordance with current agreement (e.g. Agency agreements/ Sub contractors).
- Produces associated document e.g. collection notes, manifest etc..
- Liaises with shipper, consignee or nominated contact to ensure all transportation details are correct.
- To liaise with customers and grow an understanding of customers business needs & markets.
- To grow existing business opportunities and look for new markets.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of legislative requirements.
- Deals with ongoing queries and provides up to date information to the customer in respect to transported goods.
- Raises sales invoice & respond to related queries.
- Communicates with our overseas depots and forms a good working relationship with partners.
- Ensure current systems are updated and accurate.
- Maintains efficient filing & records.
- Ensures accurate completion of paperwork.
- Arranges export or import customers clearance if required.
- Transport Only- Book ferries.
- To plan the route for goods delivery.
- Ensures trailers are full and maximise profits from export departures.
- Ensures trailers depart and arrive on time.
- Ensures financial check of files in time for month end.( Senior )
- Where necessary update partners systems with delivery information
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to carry out other activities within your capabilities.
Skills, Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- GCSE in Maths & English.
- Good communication & customer service skills.
- Some experience from a similar environment preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure & cope during high volume peaks.
- Good team player with ability to work on individual tasks.
- Ambitious with a view to progress within the company.
- Demonstrates a cooperative spirit and contributes to a positive and supportive working environment.
- Is customer-focused and ensures the right outcome for our customer
- Responds to requests on time and in the right way
- Thinks in terms of solutions not problems
- Takes initiative and offers assistance to team members
- Has a positive 'cando’ attitude
- Accepts customer & colleague feedback and takes action to resolve issues
- Understands the importance of achieving team goals and contributes/initiates solutions
- Has a planned approach to work with a successful outcome
- Looks for development opportunities outside the scope of their role
The successful candidate must have a positive attitude and be customer focused at all times. You will have a proven Freight Forwarding background.
An annual salary of up to £25,000 is offered dependent upon experience.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 0900 - 1730.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Juice Personnel who is operating as an employment agency/business.
Please note: As Juice Personnel are a reputable recruitment agency; we do not submit your CV to the end client until you have met with us.
Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
- Freight Forwarding