Freight Customs Clearance Clerk - Trainee
Customs Clerk / Trainee Customs Clerk - URGENT ROLES
Due to Brexit, our client is building a brand new Customs department. They are seeking Freight Forwarding candidates with some experience in the industry, whether you have a Road, Air or Ocean freight background, our client could be interested in you joining their growing Customs department.
Salary level will of course be based on experience. If you have worked within a freight forwarding Customs department, the likely range is £22k-£25k. If you don't have Customs experience then the starting salary is likely to be £18k-£20k, but with good salary increases once you are trained up. This is an excellent opportunity to build a career with a forward-thinking, fast-paced company.
Reporting to the Customs Compliance Manager, the role is to cover customs inputting to ensure that all clearance processes are completed in a complaint and timely manner. Those without experience of Customs will be trained.
- Ensuring that all clearance processes are completed in a complaint and timely manner.
- Work with a team of Import / Export / Shipping specialists.
- Report to the Customs Compliance Manager and to help set-up and maintain new processes as required.
- To ensure the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC and other relevant bodies. And ensure good query resolution
- Support and advice customers on all international import / export requirements especially with new processes brought upon by Brexit. The ideal candidate will have a customs background and superb attention to detail.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience working for a freight forwarding company. (Essential)
- HMRC - Customs declarations experience, Imports and exports. (Ideally)
- Knowledge of Irish customs declarations will be advantageous. Our client will however consider applicants from an Air, Ocean, or Road freight background.
- ‘Attention to detail’ is very important to ensure the business is compliant and passes HMRC audits, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize workloads.
Our client is in the process of training up a team from scratch and they are building the department quickly - so they need staff who are willing to put the hours in to get up to speed. Please only apply if you are flexible with regards to hours and understand that you will need to put the hours in, in order to learn quickly and earn your future payrises sooner! (Overtime is not paid.)
Please apply ASAP for a potential IMMEDIATE start.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'