A very well established Logistics company known globally has expanded with a new branch in Newport South Wales. The successful Operations Manager will lead the growth of this branch currently as 2 employees up to 8 in the next year, will bring clients and a strong knowledge of Freight forwarding with them and be able to manage a small team of staff to start to ensure the successful training and running of the branch. You will need to be part of the business development team, creating new business and maximising on existing customers.
- New position - able to mould the business to fit you
- Career progression prospects
- Competitive salary that is highly negotiable for the right person - Competitive and negotiable bonus package on top of basic salary.
- Car/ Car allowance
- Hours are Monday to Friday 08.30am - 17.30pm
- 20 days hols rising to 25 with length service but negotiable
Essential skills and experience:
- Freight Industry Experience - strong knowledge of freight and logistics
- Business Development/ Regional Sales experience
- Full Driving license
- Have a client base of existing clients from over the years that you would be able to bring business with
- Happy to meet clients and travel as far as Bristol - Mainly Newport and Cardiff based
If this role sounds ideal for you - please send your CV immediately or for further information please contact Natalie on the Cardiff Randstad branch number
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
- Area Sales
- Business Development
- Transport Sales