My Client is a global Commodity Trading Company who are looking for a Junior Accountant to join their Oil Reporting team.
The Oil Reporting team requires a permanent Junior Accountant to carry out accounting and related tasks for the UK based Oil & Gas trading entities.
Whilst continuous training will be provided, the candidate should be a motivated self-starter who is keen to get involved and is able to work without close supervision. The successful candidate will be technically able and highly personable with a strong desire to achieve the highest standards. The role requires close collaboration with both other team members and colleagues in overseas offices to ensure that queries are efficiently resolved and reporting deadlines are met.
The role is within a highly flexible team, able to adapt quickly to the changing demands of the business and constantly striving to provide more accurate, consistent and timely information to senior management, so flexibility and willingness to undertake new challenges are essential personal characteristics.
Being a training role, the candidate should be studying or be keen to begin studying a recognised accounting qualification.
- Intercompany Reconciliations - reconciling and agreeing the intercompany balances
- Intercompany balance sheet transfers
- Intercompany settlements
- Account matching - invoices and cash payments/receipts
- Working with the Trade Accounting Group to assist them in resolving trading system vs accounts differences, ensuring they are cleared before the following close
- Working with Treasury Department and Front Office as necessary to assist in allocating cash
- Analysing debtors and creditors (to include ageing analysis)
- Booking month-end journals as required
- Liaise with Auditors on both management and statutory audits
- Liaison with UK, US, Swiss and Singapore staff
- Ad-hoc tasks as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- The successful candidate will have a degree (1st or Masters level only)
- Early to half-way stages of CIMA or ACCA or keen to begin their professional qualification
- Strong IT skills a necessity - in particular Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A methodical approach coupled with the ability to evaluate and interpret data from a variety of sources is essential