Freight Account Manager
Reference Number: GB07042
Identify and deliver service solutions which result in the achievement of the company's financial plans through customer satisfaction. The marketing and sales teams are here to serve, it is our aim to provide direction and service support to the business units and business fields to enable them to fulfil their strategies.
To achieve profit growth through the effective management of new and existing customer accounts from sales through to delivery.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Consistently grow the gross profit and achieve the targets as set out in the Freight Account Manager Scheme.
- Achieve sales productivity and revenue targets as set out in the Freight Account Manager Scheme.
- Maximise all revenue opportunities from existing customers by proactively pursuing undeveloped areas.
- Generate new prospect leads and new accounts over the telephone and face-to-face.
- Generate new prospect leads for the Contact Management System using external sources.
- Process consignments and enter telesales information on to the Contact Management System.
- Monitor consignments ensuring that the highest levels of service are carried out at every stage.
- Provide customers with accurate and cost effective quotations.
- Ensure all relevant sales and purchase ledger invoices within the Trainee Freight Account Manager's remit are processed on time.
- Prepare weekly/monthly figures of sales activity as instructed by the Branch Manager.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care
Your skills and experience
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or Above (or equivalent)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate an ability to negotiate and influence others both internally and externally.
- An understanding of how to influence the profitability from a customer.
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Have proven experience of stakeholder management and networking to achieve results
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines.
- Experience of working in a proactive outbound cold calling sales role either on the phone or face-to-face
- Customer focused
- Analysis & Judgement
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Orientation
- Managing performance
- Demonstrates Integrity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder management
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Full Driving Licence
With over 74,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job