Job Title: Freight Account Manager
To achieve profit growth through the effective management of new and existing customer accounts from sales through to delivery.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Generate new prospect leads and new accounts over the telephone and face-to-face.
- Generate new prospect leads for the Contact Management System using external sources.
- Consistently grow the gross profit and achieve the targets as set out in the Freight Account Manager Scheme.
- Achieve sales productivity and revenue targets as set out in the Freight Account Manager Scheme.
- Maximise all revenue opportunities from existing customers by proactively pursuing undeveloped areas.
- Process consignments and enter telesales information on to the Contact Management System.
- Monitor consignments ensuring that the highest levels of service are carried out at every stage.
- Provide customers with accurate and cost effective quotations.
- Ensure all relevant sales and purchase ledger invoices within the Trainee Freight Account Manager's remit are processed on time.
- Prepare weekly/monthly figures of sales activity as instructed by the Branch Manager.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
Your skills and experience:
- Full driving license.
- Experience of working in a proactive cold calling sales role either on the phone or face-to-face.
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines.
- GCSE grade C or above Maths and English or equivalent.
- Influencing skills are essential, this is a competitive industry.
- Customer focused.
- You will be smart and presentable and confident meeting and presenting to potential customers.
- Good admin and organisation skills are also key to this role.
With more than 74,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>