Job Title: Freight Account Manager
As a Freight Account Manager you will need to achieve profit growth through the effective management of new and existing customer accounts from sales through to delivery.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Consistently grow the gross profit and achieve the targets as set out in the Freight Account Manager Scheme.
- Achieve sales productivity and revenue targets as set out in the Freight Account Manager Scheme.
- Maximise all revenue opportunities from existing customers by proactively pursuing undeveloped areas.
- Generate new prospect leads and new accounts over the telephone and face-to-face.
- Generate new prospect leads for the Contact Management System using external sources.
- Process consignments and enter telesales information on to the Contact Management System.
- Monitor consignments ensuring that the highest levels of service are carried out at every stage.
- Provide customers with accurate and cost effective quotations.
- Ensure all relevant sales and purchase ledger invoices within the Trainee Freight Account Manager's remit are processed on time.
- Prepare weekly/monthly figures of sales activity as instructed by the Branch Manager.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
- To be responsible for own safety and health and that of colleagues; in accordance with company safety and health rules. Do not walk past a safety hazard or near miss; report it promptly.
Your Skills and Experience
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or Above (or equivalent).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to negotiate and influence others both internally and externally.
- An understanding of how to influence the profitability from a customer.
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have proven experience of stakeholder management and networking to achieve results.
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines.
- Experience of working in a proactive outbound cold calling sales role either on the phone or face-to-face.
- Influencing skills are essential, this is a competitive industry.
- Customer focused.
- Full Driving Licence.
With more than 74,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job