Freelance Site Engineer
An opportunity for a freelance Site Engineer has arisen in Barrow-on-Furness. Reporting to the Contracts Manager on site you will have the opportunity to work on some interesting, and challenging, projects.
The key objectives of the role are to be responsible for the effective and efficient setting out and technical support on Civil Engineering projects. This will involve strict attention being paid to the location of above and below ground infrastructural installations and ensuring the safe, timely and well resourced completion of projects for the client on behalf of the company and the team.
As a member of the group, you will be committed to ensuring all projects maintain and provide a high standard of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and are in compliance with all company principles, procedures and legislation; guaranteeing best practice from all site employees.
In combination with this, you will be working as part of the site management team, liaising and working alongside all disciplines, i.e. the client, other professionals, contract managers, site managers, supervisors etc. and to take a full role in the implementation of personnel development through participation in any identified training or development opportunities
The key tasks of the role have been identified as:
* Discussing requirements with the client.
* Analysing survey and mapping with computer modelling software
* Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
* Setting out, levelling and surveying of sites
* Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
* Maintain and agree relevant site records and as built drawings
* Provide accurate reports for Quantity Surveyor to prepare monthly valuations
* Liaising with all disciplines involved in the project, i.e. consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce, including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
* Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
* Adhering to quality control and health and safety matters on site;
* Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
To be considered for the role you should have the ability to use computer based systems e.g. Microsoft Office. Hold a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment - Civil Engineering as a minimum qualification and be in possession of a valid CSCS Card.
If you're interested in the opportunity please forward your CV and I'll be in touch.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'