Freelance Senior Quantity Surveyor
We're looking for a Senior QS to take on a 6 month contract (minimum) at a site in Barrow in Furness working for a civil engineering and demolition contractor. The role is to support the Commercial Manager on the project; maintaining profitability, administering the NEC3 contract, delivering work scope, and delivering commercial workload within set timescales.
Working with the Commercial Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for -
* Managing subcontractors' accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness of site records
* Weekly updates of the value of work completed
* Preparing interim Payer's Notices and payment certificates to subcontractors
* Preparing and issuing to sub-contractors any required Contractor's Instructions, compensation event notices etc.
* Collating site records and allocation sheets for analysis and input into the Primavera P6 programme
* Using CEMAR, inputting data and developing NEC3 notices for presentation to the Employer
* Interrogating project costs to provide management information and reports as required
* Issuing of notifications of compensation events and pricing of changes
* Developing work packages to assist in the estimating procedure and managing subcontractors' and suppliers' prices
* Such other duties as may reasonably be required
To be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate, by way of CV, previous commercial experience in a similar role, a solid understanding of NEC3 in its various forms, experience of working remotely on site in a project environment, and experience of project management software such as MS Project or CEMAR.
On offer is an all in rate up to £350 per day (excluding VAT) and a minimum of 6 months work for the right candidate.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'