Freelance Quantity Surveyor - New Build Housing
About the company
Working with one of the UK's leading National Housing developers who has a keen focus on building communities for all types of buyers. Following a successful year they are looking to bring on a Freelance QS on a 6-12 month contract for the North West division. With a strong pipeline for 2018 they need experienced and driven individuals who will come in and be able to manage multiple sites from the get go.
About the role
Your primary responsibilities will be:
Full commercial management of housing projects
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
Provide information for land purchase exercise
- Once land opportunities are identified, familiarise the geographical area and consider site issues.
- Use COINS systems to present feasibility study of the site incorporating all development costs.
Monitor and report costs
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis for the Director.
- Monitor and explain subcontractor cost movements
- Responsible for procurement of subcontractors including payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts.
- Forecast final accounts.
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Attend concept, pre-tender, pre-start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required
- Any other duties as required by the Commercial Director.
What you will need
- Wide experience in the discipline within the house building industry.
- Strong knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements.
- Industry related business qualification or degree qualified
- COINs experience if possible
- Be passionate about customers
- Make informed decisions
- Develop good relations and act with integrity
- Freelance Quantity Surveyor - Residential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"