A cracking freelance position this! Our client, a Midlands based Main Contractor, has asked us to supply them with an M&E QS on a 12 month contract. You will work on a £70m new build project in the West Midlands supporting a Commercial Manager and a team of QS' on site.
M&E Quantity Sureveyor responsibilities:
- Procurement of subcontractor packages.
- Reviewing specifications and client requirements ensuring all works are fully compliant.
- Cost valuations with subcontractors.
- Negotiation with subcontractors.
- Managing interim payments to sub-contractors.
- Regularly updating projected final accounts.
- Mentoring and leading more junior commercial staff
- Regular updating and managing cash flow forecasts
- Preparation and agreement of all final account matters.
- Monthly cost/value reconciliation.
M&E Quantity Surveyor experience required:
- Minimum 7 years M&E QS experience.
- Major Project / Leading Main Contractor experience.
- Degree educated or similar.
- Strong communication / reporting skills.
- Very good IT skills.
Excellent rates of pay available, looking to start on site on 29th May. If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Dominic Coyne at the e-mail address: professional@uklgroup .com.