A part-time freelance lecturer is required by one of the UK’s leading private universities to teach an introduction to structured programming module using Python. The role pays a competitive rate of £50-60 per hour and teaching hours (typically 3-5 per week) are scheduled for early evenings.
Applications are particularly sought from practising developers/programmers with a demonstrable skill for simplifying and communicating programming concepts and best practices. Applications from developers who also have experience of teaching/lecturing will be of particular interest to the client.
There are potential future opportunities to get involved in module leadership and development, project supervision or full time lecturing for candidates with the experience and interest to do so.
Successful Candidates would be expected to assist learners to:
- Develop a basic understanding of software architecture, operating systems and programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of underlying concepts, principles and theories of procedural programming.
- Enable students to explain the basic ideas of programming and Identify key programming principles and control structures
- Construct simple programs that apply key programming principles and control structures using Python language.
You must have:
- A development/programming background using both structured and object oriented design techniques
- Demonstrable and practical experience of structured programming using Python
- A degree or a relevant professional qualification or certifications in the subject area
- Either hold, or be committed to achieving, a relevant teaching qualification (e.g. Fellowship of the HEA)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and confidence in the use of IT to deliver engaging online lectures
- A strong student-centric focus as well as a commercial and educational focus
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Be strongly self-motivated and able to work collaboratively as part of a remote team
- Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check
Ideally you would also have:
- Experience of teaching at undergraduate or the equivalent professional qualification level
- Experience of module design and leadership
- Experience of supporting students in an academic context
- Experience in writing engaging learning materials for face to face and online delivery
- Experience of providing guidance and leadership to a teaching team
The employer is one of the UK’s leading private universities dedicated to business and the professions and offers professional, apprenticeship and degree qualifications. They are experiencing rapid growth in degree programmes in Accounting, Business Administration and Digital Technology Solutions. High quality and innovative online learning is a key objective for the employer and your contribution will be central to transforming the student learning experience through the practical application of knowledge in the work place.
Loyal Retainers are acting as an employment agency regarding this position
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job