Location: All appointments will be held in courts and you can be required anywhere in London
Salary: £23 - £27 per hour + an agreed travel cost.
Progress your career as an interpreter and become a part of an ever expanding team. If your CV is accepted a member of staff will send you an application pack.
This job opening is on a freelance basis, our client work on a supply and demand basis and therefore there will be no guaranteed hours.
MOJ requirement are as follows:
- Valid Security Clearance.
- Language related qualification.
- Interpreting experience.
Please note that if you speak a rare language you will be accepted if you don't have a language related qualification but have the relevant security clearance + some previous Interpreting experience.
Below is a list of core languages, If you speak a language that is not on the list it will be rare:
Albanian, Amharic, Armenian (Eastern & Western), Arabic MSA, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Croatian, Czech, Dari, Dutch, Estonian, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Jamaican, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish (Sorani), Latvian, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Macedonian, Panjabi (Indian), Panjabi (Pakistani), Pashto, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (European), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Somali, Spanish,Swahili, Tamil,Thai, Tigrinya, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese.
MOJ Interpretation rates:
£23 - £27 per hour + an agreed travel cost.
Minimum of 2 hours pay on appointments 4 hours in length.
*Our clients pay for all assignmentsfrom the previous month on the 23rdof each month.This will be into the bank account directed by you with the details that you provided.
What will be required:
- Always Translate word for word DO NOT add any words and DO NOT take any away.
- Never be late unless it’s a genuine reason always aim to arrive 10 minutes before the appointment.
- Ensure that you switch of your mobile phones whilst carrying out the appointment.
- You must NEVER take a member of your family or friend to any appointment even in an emergency. You must inform us ASAP if you ever come across this problem.
- You must NEVER discuss any information regarding what the appointment is about to anyone not even to us as you will be in breach of the Data Protection Act including sensitive data and will have to take legal action!
- We ask all our interpreters to dress smart, professional but comfortable.
- Always greet in a professional manner you are representing our client whilst you're on your appointment.
- Always wear you ID badge ensuring it is clear to see.
- If you discover that you personally know the client your interpreting for YOU MUST INFORM US IMMEDIATELY!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job