Freelance Health and Fitness Apprenticeship Tutor/Assessor
YMCA is arguably the most recognisable and iconic of all global charity brands - trusted throughout the world to deliver outstanding, innovative and socially responsible activities for young people and the wider community.
YMCAfit is a leader in the field of health, wellbeing and education, with over 30 years’ experience creating health and fitness career pathways for individuals. Every year we train over 5,500 people who are entering or working within the fitness industry: from one-day Continuous Professional Development programmes, to Apprenticeships, through to Advanced Diplomas.
Do you want to be a part of this? We have some exciting opportunities for Apprenticeship Tutors, to join our team of professionals delivering Health and Fitness programmes across the UK. Offered on a freelance basis, this is a perfect opportunity for a self-employed fitness specialist to deliver inspirational programmes that engage and motivate our learners to progress and achieve.
You will be responsible for delivering innovative and engaging sessions for qualifications including Level 2 Gym Instructor, Level 2 Leisure Operations, Level 3 Personal Trainer, Level 3 Leisure Management in Leeds and the surrounding areas depending on where our learners are based.
If you’re looking to start or to grow your own fitness training business, or supplement your income, this should be interesting to you. You will be able to:
- Manage apprenticeships for the lifecycle of their programme, from sign-up to qualification, including all associated administration;
- Robustly assess and develop learner competency for a range of qualifications;
- Provide training for all components throughout the apprenticeship, in line with our quality standards; and
- Work with current and prospective employers to identify and secure additional apprenticeship opportunities.
Are you up for the challenge? You will have excellent communication skills and great rapport building ability. This will help you not only to support our learners, but to engage with employers about each learner’s progress, as well as to explore new opportunities. You’ll be highly organised, with demonstrated planning and time-management skills (supported by good IT skills). You will also need:
- Qualification in a range of Level 2 and Level 3 disciplines;
- To be a member of the Register of Exercise Professionals or CIMSPA;
- A recognised teaching qualification; and
- A1 assessor or equivalent qualification.
This could be your chance to join our innovative team and to do something great for yourself - and for others. If this sounds right for you, or if would like to find out more about this position, email us a copy of you cv and covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"