Freelance Group Exercise Tutor
Salary: £20 per hour
Hours of work: Classes can be located anywhere in Hertfordshire and booked at any time between 9am and 5pm.
Main Purposes of the Freelance Group Exercise Tutor:
To deliver evidenced based exercise sessions with older people, to service users within the Health & Social Care sector across Hertfordshire, who are at a risk of falls or need to improve mobility.
Our client is a small company set up to support care providers within Hertfordshire. Support is given to their members via funded training, information and advice.
Their community education programme focuses on fitness and nutritional advice for the elderly and those living with disabilities through evidence-based exercise and advice education. These classes take place within residential and Nursing homes, day services and community care sites. The focus of these classes is to reduce risk of falls, increase confidence of attendees with everyday tasks, improve mobility and increase wellbeing.
Responsibilities of the Freelance Group Exercise Tutor:
- Delivery of evidenced based exercise classes within all care settings and community, including Care Homes and Flexi care sites – Ideally candidates would already hold either Chair Based Exercise, Otago, Tai Chi or Postural Stability qualification
- Focus on reducing falls and improving balance, confidence, and improving functional capacity of participant’s in daily living tasks
- To liaise with the home manager/activity organiser to give feedback on individual’s progress throughout the classes
- To maintain records including enrolment forms, individual learning plans and evaluations for all individuals
- Office based work in between classes to prepare class materials, when necessary.
Requirements of theFreelance Group Exercise Tutor:
- Must hold exercise qualification in OTAGO, Postural Stability or Tai Chi.
- Own transport with insurance for business use is essential for this role as travel around Hertfordshire is required
- Previous experience of providing exercises sessions within health and social care settings is desirable
- An enthusiasm for promoting wellbeing through physical activity is essential
- Happy to work with clients with various needs including dementia, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health needs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Fit and able – this job requires activity and the tutor must be able to partake in exercise routines and other physical activities
- Excellent time keeping: Tutors are required to arrive at classes with time to prepare prior to the class start time. It is vital that classes begin on time to ensure good relationships with providers and the wellbeing of clients
Benefits of becoming the Freelance Group Exercise Tutor:
- Travel paid at 45p per mile mileage
- £20/hour – travel time included
If you feel you meet the above criteria of this Freelance Group Exercise Tutor role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'