Do you have a strong eye for detail? We are actively hiring experienced Editors who understand how to improve a document. If you have an excellent standard of written English then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Role of Freelance Editor/Proofreader
In this role as an editor you will be expected to provide a high quality editing service for customers. The focus is not only on correcting grammar and spelling mistakes, but also on improving the flow of English and the choice of language used.
This will involve
- Proofreading documents and making changes where appropriate, to ensure that the writing flows as well as it can, and that the authors points are expressed as clearly as possible.
- Querying any unclear elements
- Using track changes so that customers can see what you have deleted and inserted.
- A degree from a University in the UK or Ireland
- Be a Native level English speaker
- An excellent standard of written English
- An excellent understanding of the academic language required in essays
- An understanding of referencing
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Able to score highly on our proofreading tests
- Good knowledge of computers and MS Office suite
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Multi-task oriented
- Work from home
- Able to pick and choose the cases you work on
- Freelance working arrangement. (You can work around your availability)
We have people who want to do multiple documents every day and people who choose to do work less than once a month.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV today and we will aim to get back to you within 5 days.