Fraud Risk Specialist
Heard of us?
We're an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The 2nd Line Financial Crime Risk Oversight Team (FCRO) is highly responsible and dynamic team, accountable for setting the risk management framework. It oversees and challenges the control environment for fraud prevention, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing, financial sanctions and bribery & corruption, including the effectiveness of the financial crime defence systems.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Manchester or Wilmslow office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- Develop and maintain the Bank's fraud policies and procedures (Control Requirements/Standards) ensuring that they proportionately reflect all current regulatory requirements, and that they are communicated to relevant BLs effectively.
- Provide technical input and challenge into the various business areas' creation of their business operating procedures (SOPs), to ensure they comply with regulatory and legislative requirements in line with Bank policy and procedures.
- Support the maintenance of the Financial Crime Risk Framework, including providing fraud subject matter input into the drafting of the annual Financial Crime Risk Framework Effectiveness review, and the Financial Crime Business Risk Assessment document.
- Provide bank-wide guidance, challenge, and support for all matters relating to the requirements of the Fraud Act, relevant FCA rules (SYSC), and industry guidance and best practice, in order to protect the Bank from all fraud related losses and to ensure the Bank conducts its activities in accordance with regulatory expectations.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders throughout the Bank to ensure there are appropriate controls to identify, manage and remediate internal fraud risks and issues.
- Provide support for financial crime systems and analytics activities, as directed by the Systems & Analytics Oversight Manager, including creation of the monthly MI, reporting, and analytics for governance committees and forums.
- Provide technical input and support for the strategic development of the Bank's anti-fraud systems (e.g. Hunter, CIFAS), to ensure that alert outputs are optimized.
What we expect from you!
- In depth subject matter expertise gained through several years of working in an anti-financial crime (particularly fraud) business area, within a financial institution.
- Knowledge and understanding of the three lines of defence risk management framework model.
- Experienced in writing and maintaining policies and procedures, and an ability to effectively communicate the requirements to appropriate stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Self-motivated with good attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness with good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prepare and present training material to enhance business areas' knowledge and/or improve decision making.
- Strong financial crime systems knowledge and an ability to test functionality.
- Analytical skills to identify trends and risks, and strong report writing skills to ensure findings are communicated effectively.
- Well-developed challenging and influencing skills.
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'