WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
What will you do as a Fraud Analyst?
Reporting to the Senior Fraud & Payments Analyst, you will be required to analyse, detect and prevent fraudulent activity in an international multi-channel environment, whilst also maximising commercial opportunities.
In this role you will:
The role will operate on a shift basis, with a 4 week rolling rota, usually week 1, 8.00am-4:30pm, week 2, 9.00am-5:30pm week 3, 10.00am-6:30pm and week 4, 1:00pm-9:30pm. You will be required to work weekends with a basic pattern of one Saturday and one Sunday every 4 weeks, and extra weekend days during sales and other busy periods. Working hours are subject to change in line with business requirements and a flexible approach to your working hours is expected due to the nature of your role.
Key priorities of the position will include:
- Review and analyse on-line transactions to identify any potential fraudulent activity
- Make accept/decline decision on orders flagged for manual review within agreed SLA to enable timely dispatch
- Identify opportunities to increase sales on the web - both in the UK & Internationally
- Liaise with Customer Service Team and respond to all queries within agreed SLA to allow the team to respond to the customer in a timely manner and provide speciality advice on fraud prevention
- Analyse store transactions by using data mining solution and other tools to identify potential fraud or compliance issues
- Investigate all cases of actual or suspected fraud and non-compliance
- Utilise data intelligence reporting effectively to identify and analyse risk
- Regularly review and propose solutions to improve store and online processes to minimise the risk of fraud
- Review and defend all chargeback transactions - store & online
- Respond to Bank and Police requests for information and assist with investigations into fraudulent activity
- Support the Business with processing Store Order refunds
- Investigate Head Office staff sales and refund activity to identify fraud and non-compliance
- Liaise with suppliers as required to ensure maximum benefit from services and products provided
- Provide the business with reports and updates on online and store fraud – weekly, monthly and as and when required
- Follow agreed communications plan with other departments and communicate as required in order to achieve fraud and payments strategy
- Support and assist the Safety and Loss Department on all reporting and analysis
- Upskill and provide coaching for other team members or new starters as required
Suitable candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Online Fraud experience working for an international retailer, preferably fashion
- Knowledge and experience with tools and techniques used to identify and prevent online fraud
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail – ability to spot trends and identify unusual patterns of behaviour
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of PC literacy – particularly in Microsoft Excel & Word (Office)
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative and work well as part of a team
- Able to display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- A flexible approach and ability to react quickly to change
The below is highly desirable:
- Experience working on the shop floor within a Fashion Retail environment
- Experience of using a data-mining solution to identify store fraud and non-compliance
- An understanding of store and online payment processing and fraud prevention processes, including chargebacks
- Knowledge of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) regulations
N.B. Successful candidates will be vetted