Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit an FP&A Manager for a professional services business based in Birmingham. The company is experiencing significant growth and is looking to attract a commercially focussed individual with a background in Financial Planning & Analysis. This is a newly created role and will see the successful candidate reporting into the Head of Commercial Finance. You will be a fully qualified and highly commercial FP&A professional who can really drive performance of your business area.
The successful FP&A Manager will be responsible for driving internal and external insight to ensure the business is keeping pace with its competitors. This role will be to dramatically improve the quality of the forecasting and management information and will work closely with the Commercial Finance and Business Partnering teams. This is a management position within the financial planning team and will see you managing the also see you working closely with operational managers to understand, analyse and model business growth and evaluate areas for improvement across all areas of the business.
The role of FP&A Manager is seen as a key development position within the business and will suit someone who is looking for a real "value add" role where you will see the impact of what you do in both the short and long term.
The successful FP&A Manager will be working for a well-respected brand who operate internationally. The company offer a good working environment that has a supportive culture and encourages their people to reach their full potential. The office environment is high spec and has a very professional but fun feel to it.
You will lead business planning and analysis and provide insight into underlying trends and performance improvement opportunities. Participate as a key member of the finance team - influencing decision making and strategic priorities. You will also provide direction and day-to-day management of the FP&A team to deliver outstanding results and service.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
* Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior management with appropriate analytical tools to establish targets and measure performance of the business
* Communicate financial and operational performance, analyse trends and identify implications and engage with business teams to drive corresponding actions
* Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance
* Lead the strategic aspects of the annual operating plan and budget process for your business area
* Manage the strategic business planning process and lead scenario modelling efforts for the development and growth of the business
* Prepare presentations in support of senior management and board meetings
* Monitor competitive dynamics of the sector and key competitors and provide impactful analysis and insights to support the senior management team in having a robust external perspective
* Manage the business planning and financial reporting analysts, role-model the cultural values of the business to drive a high performing and cohesive team
As the successful FP&A Manager you will have:
* Highly developed commercial acumen
* Strong influencing skills with the ability to persuade and support colleagues and partners
* Strong communication skills with a high level of professionalism
* Strong team management skills
* Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
* Strong Excel modelling and analytical skill set
* Ability to engage with both finance and operations at a senior level.
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful FP&A Manager:
* Base salary £55k / £65k
* Career progression