£25,000 - £27,000
We are looking for a motivated Foundry Technician to join a market leading manufacturer in their respective field. Reporting directly to the Foundry Manager you will be a key member in ensuring the foundry is kept running. With progressive training and development this company is always looking to enhance its employees and their skill sets, whilst additionally being supported by a welcoming team. The position will appeal to a strong technician looking for their next challenging role within in a secure and stable company.
- Provide daily technical support and input to the group and supervisor.
- Process Control - validate, optimise and standardise.
- Liaise with external service providers as required.
- Process Improvements - identify opportunities and participate in development of existing processes to improve overall performance, reduce risk and increase operational efficiencies.
- Ensure dies are set up correctly and are operational in line with SOS process and daily production schedule.
- Prepare the dies in advance and support of the published casting plan as required.
- Clean, maintain and repair dies as required.
- Put away and retrieve from storage - ensure dies are secured to pallets.
- Identify issues and report to supervision.
- Support the development of a 'right-first-time' culture.
- Carry out equipment maintenance (PPM) and housekeeping for Die preparation area.
- Ensure consumable are stored, used effectively and stock levels are maintained
- Improvements, develop & optimisation in line with schedules
Skills and Qualifications
- Technical / Mechanical Background
- FLT License
- Foundry Experience (Not Essential)
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Knowledge
- PC Literate
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for a technically motivated engineer. If you feel this is of interest, please send your CV directly to Thomas Barkes at or call for a confidential discussion on .
- technical support
- process control
- lean manufacturing
- equipment maintenance
- continuous improvement
- microsoft literate
- foundry technician
- SOS process
- SSW documentation
- mechanical competence
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'